Avocado Apple smoothie recipe
When I was a kid, we were most of time given the milk shakes.
I can not remember the day, when my mom had given me the shake of fruits without milk or nuts.
We were habitual of drinking milk shake of different combinations.
Once I grow and have my kids, everyyoutibe, TV channel is advertising about smoothies and not the milk shakes any more.
So, I also thought to deviate from the milkshake, though it has a lot of benefits but I feel that consuming the fruits and vegetables in raw form will be even better than making milk shakes. I have heard that milk do not let the iron to digest and just throws it out, many fruits do have iron so no point of wasting the true essence of the fruits with milk.
Anyways, in this post I will share Avocado Apple smoothie recipe with you. When I prepare this apple, avocado smoothie, my kids simply love its texture and taste. The reason of making smoothie for my kids also come from the point as they are not at all fond of the milk shake. “sigh!”
Ingerdients of Avocado Apple smoothie recipe:
- 1 medium size Green Apple
- 1 medium size Avocado ( if your avocado is big like mine, you can use half of it, as I did.)
- 6-7 Few green grapes
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves ( you can use dried as well, but use only a pinch of dried mint powder)
- a small dice of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of ice cubes.
- Sugar ( optional, according to taste. My kids like sugar in everything so I have to add)
Cut the apple, avocado in small pieces. Add apple , avocado and lime juice and ice cubes in blender and blend for one minute.
Now add ginger and mint leaves and blend until the consistency is perfect for you.
If you want to add sugar you can it will even enhance the taste. If you do not want the sugar, still the taste will great.
Note: You can do a lot of varaiations in this apple, avocado smoothie.
- You can add spinach leaves.
- You can also add pinch of shredded coconut as topping. I added sesame seeds, cumin seeds and black seeds as topping to enhance the flavor.
- You can add 1 table spoon of yogart ( optional, I donot add for my kids, as they donot like).
- Half small sized banana piece can also be added.
- Half pear can also be added in smoothie.
I have tried all variations and they all taste great in apple, avocado smootie.
I think my this smoothie was more for my kids as my kids love it. I hope you will love it and if you have kids they will love this simple apple avocardo smoothie too.